When the heat index is in the triple digits, do you really want to be in the kitchen? You will once you learn how to make this quick and easy corn salad. An ideal side served with anything, there is very little cooking involved with this recipe. You either steam or grill the corn, and then remove the kernels once it's cooled. You really can't mess this up. You can add additional vegetables to the corn, toss with some olive oil and salt, and dig in! My version is as follows:
4 ears fresh corn (you could use frozen in a pinch)
1 ripe avocado
1 pepper - red, yellow, orange, green -- whatever your favorite is
1 small red onion (optional)
- Grill or steam the corn, and when at room temperature, remove the corn from the husk and place into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half, and with your knife slice each half into diamond-like pieces.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper, dice and add to the salad.
- Dice the onion in small pieces and add to salad.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and garnish with some fresh parsley.